Monday, April 26, 2010

Curious Critter

My dog Mija and I like to get up and out early. I don't know about her, but I prefer to walk when there's a shortage of other people out there. It's in the early morning on our walks that I'm able to think through my day, and come up with crazy ideas that I'm certain will revolutionize the world.
Mija is a little nervous about some of the dogs behind fences and gates. It's interesting that she fears the little nippers more than the macho mutts.
We both marvel at how the young squirrels will scurry part of the way up the trunk of a tree and then hide on the backside -- if it can't see us, then maybe it thinks we don't even know that it exists.
This morning, we both noticed a little movement on the bricks that run alongside the cement path to a wrought iron gate. It wasn't a cat -- the ears and nose were to pointy. It wasn't a mouse or a rat -- much too slow moving. The little fella was curious, and not nearly as cautious as one would think.
I'd never seen one of these this young. I was surprised that Mama wasn't around. One of his or her little sisters or brothers, however, was exploring the flower bed on the other side of the pathway, but wasn't nearly as brave.
I'm sure you know what it is -- even without seeing its telltale tale. Telltale tale? I don't think I've ever written that before.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: